Sunday, January 6, 2013

A day in the life of a traveler

A very famous market, with PAELLA. 

This was basically my stereotype of Europe before I came here.




Used to be the post office, now the town hall?











       Went to Madrid this past Friday. It included a whole bunch of walking and very little shopping. I was with a friend who is from here so she was showing me the city center. We went to a very famous museum, a cute little italian restaurant, and had churros. 
       I was supposed to meet my friend at one so I purposefully left at 11 because lately I have been ate for everything. When I got to Madrid I had loads of time so I walked around looking for gifts. When I attempted to buy my metro ticket, the machine gave me .15 back wen I should have gotten 4 euros. I pressed the call button on the machine a bunch of times but each time the lady said she didn’t understand what was wrong. Finally I looked helplessly at an innocent passerby and she actually stopped to help me. She pressed the call button and the lady was on her way. The lady opened the machine but then took me to her station and started filing out this paper with my name and she wanted stuff from my passport, but then she said it wouldn’t work with a copy. I said forget it and went to wait for the metro, which I had missed already 2 times, and now had to wait another 8 minutes before it came. By this time I was 10 minutes late to meeting Cristina. Then I had to get another metro, so by the time I dragged myself into the sunlight, I was 20 minutes late. All was well after that, had a soda, did the little shopping that was absolutely necessary, saw the sights, walked in the museum for about 45 minutes, had churros and tea, and said goodbye. I think I walked at least 4 kilometers. 
     Madrid has so much to offer, and I don't want to miss one thing. Because my town has nothing going on, EVER, my favorite thing to do is take the bus to Madrid. On my list of things to do still are many museums, some churches, a few cute stores, and of course the hidden restaurants that only the wise few know about. Think I'm going to start writing reviews on my food when I go to restaurants to help me decide which ones I should take my parents to when they come. 



Same market, but with a little Las Vegas mixed in. 

 I love and miss you always,
Joslyn


Kilometer 0, all highways start here.
Also in the same market, fresh fruit= yum!

4 comments:

  1. We love and miss you, too JoJo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Post your reviews. I'd love to hear about all the good food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I can't wait to read all about the food. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting guys! Let's me know people actually read this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews