Friday, November 23, 2012

¡Acción de Gracias!

(Thanksgiving!)

       So after SCHOOL, yes I had school this whole week, I did some homework then got ready to Skype my family. First I skyped my family in Denver- Mom, Grandpa, great- aunts, uncles, and cousins. Then when my brother got on Skype from Oregon I tried to add him to the group call. It worked for about 2 minutes, but then I had to say goodbye to the Colorado family to be able to Skype my family in Oregon. That consisted of Dad, Josh, Reilly, Elly, and some Alaskan (Elly's roommate). They had to get off pretty quick because they were leaving for their Thanksgiving lunch at my Uncle Dominick and Aunt Jenni's. I then got ready for my own Thanksgiving dinner with the Rotarians and other exchange students. Silvia and I arrived at the restaurant a little before 9, we all listened to some Rotary meeting business stuff, then we got to the eatin'! First course was a zucchini soup and the next was duck and scalloped potatoes. For dessert we had an croissant-type thing topped with pudding, apples, and a cherry. We also toasted with champagne (my first drink in Spain)! We listened to more Rotary business then visited and took pictures with each other. I got home about 12:15, and to bed around 1, and I had to be up this morning at 8 for school :( All in all a great time!











1 comment:

  1. So glad to see all that you're doing/experiencing. What an opportunity! The big city, public transportation, riots, protests, food and drink! Wow. You aren't missing anything being away. We all wish we could be you!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews