Saturday, February 9, 2013

The worst night-before-my-birthday ever

        So we are having some family over tomorrow for my birthday. Ok, I'll make some desserts. After coming home from Madrid, Berta, Martín, and I began baking. First we made two cakes, one of peanut butter and one of chocolate, those are fine.
       Then we started with the carrot cake-cupcakes. It all started going down hill when I cut myself on a nut shell (who does that?) it is quite deep and hurt a lot. After that things were going fine for a while until I was actually putting the batter in the cupcake tins, I forgot to put the paper in first. Ok, no pasa nada, next. While in the oven the cupcakes overflowed like crazy and also fell in the middle. The second batch I put less batter, some overflowed, all fell. The third batch, I put VERY little, none overflowed, all fell. Now I had a giant bowl of cream cheese frosting, and no where to put it. I decided to try to frost the least ugly of the bunch. On about the 5th cupcake, the icing bag popped. How many things can go wrong in a 3 hour period? Enough.

This whole time I was on the verge of crying and rolling on the floor, but the entire time Marta kept saying, "these are delicious," "don't worry," "No pasa nada." She is the best host mom I could ask for.


Tomorrow is a new day, oh and my birthday! I am skyping the family in the evening and hopefully some friends. I do still want to go to El Rey Leon, so if you can PLEASE DONATE TO MY PAYPAYL OR TO MY MOM DIRECTLY, for my birthday:) Thank you for all of your support!








Me at the opera, saw a play about Walt Disney!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jo!!! Wow, can't believe you're 16. We gave your mom a birthday gift to put on your account. Have fun at the Lion King:)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews