Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tale of the beach and grandma...

So I went to the beach last Sunday night and stayed until Friday afternoon. It was only nice about 2 days- so those days we were at the beach. The rest of the time we were either taking walks, shopping, eating, sleeping, or seeing Mario or Marta's family. While at the beach I collected a whole bunch of pretty shells. Of course, then my siblings were doing it too, and OF COURSE, they wanted all of mine. But hey, there were enough shells for all of us :) One day we ate out at a seafood restaurant and I actually tried (almost) everything! I ate some sort of thing in a shell, some fried fish, a red pepper salad, and some sardines(didn't like those). The only thing I didn't try were the calamaris because I already know I do NOT like them. Later I went into the city center with the step-daughter of Marta's brother. She is 20 but is soooo much tinier than me, not fair. She showed me the town, we did some window shopping, and later had some ice cream. The backseat in the car is really not big enough for 2 carseats and a Bryant booty, so the car ride was tough. Now back in school with a Biology test tomorrow.

About 4 days ago my only grandma (mom of my host dad) fell. Mario and his dad are both so upset because it happened so quickly. The doctors are sure she won't open her eyes again. This afternoon she passed away. It was seriously so fast- I mean she was HERE at our house, laughing and doing the laundry Sunday. The next few weeks, I imagine, will be very tense and sad. I'm a little worried about Mario's dad because his mom was really the one who said what was what. Please pray for him and for my host dad, Mario.

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for all the family and you!!!
    We love you Jo,
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Jo)) hugs and comfort to your host family. It's so hard to lose someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((((((prayers and hugs)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for all of the prayers, my host dad is doing a lot better. My host grandpa is still sad (naturally) but I think he's doing ok. <3

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews