Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day

    Left the Portland airport in tears, arrived in Chicago groggy, left Chicago super pumped, arrived in Frankfurt dead. That flight was ok because of the music, TV, and movie selections, but it was SO long and my back was whacked so I barely slept. We walked from one end of the Frankfurt airport to the other I'm pretty sure. Made my first purchase with euros! The last plane ride was the most freaky, but I slept through most of it.
     Arrived in Madrid at 3:30, got my baggage, found my two little brothers and host Dad at 4 something. We drove for about 25 minutes to Villanueva de la Cañada. Apparently tomorrow the boys are buying a new car? Silvia and I will go to my new school to get my paperwork straightened out. My room is small, but I have my own bathroom and I'm getting a new bed. I have two little dogs, a small backyard, and I think 3 stories in the house. In the neighborhood is their grandparents and my new school, which starts Monday. My new uniform awaits in my closet. Don't think I've completely grasped the concept of a YEAR yet. Pray for me! I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Love you Jobe! im praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you made it!!! It must feel like royalty to have your own bathroom!!! Can't wait to hear about your experiences and we will be lifting you up in prayer:) Love much, The Goertzen's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already miss you terribly baby sister.......Aspen is running around screaming at the dogs as I type this. Can't wait until we get to Skype with you and see your pretty face. Enjoy this experience we will all be here for you when you get back.
    Love- Ryon and Aspen

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews